Holochain, often called as Holo (HOT) provides a framework for software developers to create applications and change the pattern of data – centric blockchains to an agent – centric system.
In traditional blockchains, data is stored via the cryptographic hashes across a distributed network. Each user maintains a global consensus, that is each user solely verifies the network as a whole and upholds its integrity – this is one of the key advantages of HOT’s blockchain technology over traditional technology.
The Holochain system is designed for DApps (development applications) where each user/agent of the chain doesn’t need to maintain a running record of the public blockchain as a whole. Rather, each user maintains a single blockchain that interacts with a user’s unique cryptographic key. If ever one of the users goes offline, they tend to fork away from the blockchain nonetheless, the data’s integrity is preserved.
Fun fact: Did you know that the Hologram’s name did not come from the word the dreaded Holocaust? The founding team comes up with the name since the crypto platform ensembles that of a hologram. Plus, the blockchain tech use holistic patterns for its functionality.
The Special Features of Holochain (HOT)
With Holochain’s (HOT) relatively new system, no true global consensus is maintained. Instead, each agent in the public blockchain maintains a private fork that is managed and stored in a limit on the said blockchain with distributed hash table. This means there are no scalability limits and DApps hosted on the Holochain thus, the platform can do so much more with less of almost everything (than the traditional blockchains) due to its special features:
- Decentralized Cryptocurrency Platform with No Bottlenecks
- Interoperable Applications
- Distributed Applications System – This feature allows fully distributed shards so each node only needs to hold a portion of a data instead of a complete copy of a global ledger.
- Effective and Validating Distributed Hash Table (DHT) – This feature conducts data verification process on the signature chain initiated by the data on each node
- Data Integrity – The HOT blockchain make data exactly the same as the other computers to avoid malfunctions
- Peer – to – Peer (p2p) Communications – No centralized server platforms, no ledgers, and no middlemen
- Agent – Centric – Individual user authority over data access, sharing, and storage
What is the HOT Token?
The hottest token in the world of cryptocurrency – the HOT token – is the native payment system and utility token that is issued by the Holochain (holochain.org and holo.host). The HOT token can be stored on any Ethereum wallet including Hardware wallets
Having said that, have indicated the details of the HOT token:
|HOT Token Information||Metrics|
|Token Type||ERC – 20 Compliant|
|Platform||Ethereum (ETH) Blockchain|
|Minimum Viable Product (MVP)||Available|
|Restricted Countries||China, South Korea, United States of America|
List of the Holochain (HOT) Licensed Exchange Sites
Users can buy, sell, and trade HOT token on the listed exchanges below:
|HOT Licensed Exchange Sites||Trading Pairs|
NOTE: As of now, users are not able to purchase HOT tokens with fiat currencies. What you need to do is to purchase another cryptocurrency first (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum) using a bank transfer or debit/credit card purchase then trade it for HOT at a licensed exchange site listed above.
The Development Team (DEV Team) behind Holochain (HOT)
Holochain (HOT) is an open – source cryptocurrency project that is built by collaborative work of the following key members below:
- Arthur Brock – Chief Architect
- Celestial Hanley – UX/UI Designer
- Connor Turland – Applications
- Damien Doute – Software Engineer
- Emaline Friedman – Research Lead
- Eric Harris – Braun – Executive Engineer
- Mamading Ceesay – Developer Operator (DevOps)
- Micah Jefferson – UX/UI Designer
- Nicolas Luck – Holochain Core
- Philip Beadle – Applications and Software Engineering
- Sam Rose – Developer Operator (DevOps)
- Sam Cooley – Developer Operator (DevOps)
The Holochain (HOT) Roadmap Plan
Holochain (HOT) creates a decentralized hosting platform that allows fully – functional DApps to serve mainstream internet users. Given that intention, we have outlined the development progress that the team has accomplished since its launch:
- Holochain has conducted crowdfunding campaign and Initial Community Offering or Initial Coin Offering (ICO) that has raised the platform’s capital to develop the network and attract developers in return.
- Alpha 0 and 1 has been released
- Design/prototype voting and decision – making applications (Meta apps that can be included within the HOT apps
- First boxes has been shipped to over 500 hosts
- Alpha 2, which includes high – level DApp framework and pluggable governance, has been released
- Holochain Directory, which serves as an app storage/package for more than 50 HOT – based apps have been released.
- Partnerships have been established for other digital asset – backed currencies (such as food, energy, shelter, etc.)
- Holofuel’s first test transaction on Holochain has been conducted, reaching over 5000 hosts
- Alpha 3, which includes security audit and adjustable DHT parameters
The Holochain (HOT) Project
Holochain (HOT) aims to provide a massively scalable cryptocurrency accounting infrastructure that is required to host and manage DApps at huge volumes of usage. Given that intention, here are the upcoming projects that the cryptocurrency platform has in store for its users:
- Holofuel to conduct 100 test transactions per hour on the HOT blockchain
- To conduct Testnet of Holochain operating over 15,000 host devices
- To officially launch the Solid Beta version of Holochain
- Holochain to commit backward compatibility and highly secured audits
- To conduct Testnet of Holochain operating on over 30,000 host devices
- Number of HOT chain nodes targets to surpass the number of BTC nodes to approach the production level of sophistication
- Peer – to – peer (p2p) applications on Holochain to reach over 50 apps and 10,000 users (apps that do not require paid hosting to balance the production and consumption) to approach the production level of sophistication
- To replace for Gmail, Google Documents, and Collaboration tools application available as a Beta version on Holochain