Mobius aspires to become the “Stripe” of the blockchain business. It connects the world to the blockchain ecosystem. It essentially makes it accessible for developers to transact with any token that has lower transaction charges. It also benefits developers who would like to obtain tokens that are native to their Dapps. Mobius thinks that with the development of its platform and its Dapp store, the project will incentivize higher creation and adoption of Dapps because it will build a network influence.
Additionally, Mobius will permit for the commoditization of information with a smart market by creating oracle reward mechanisms. It will assist in the production of active, smart contracts that will be capable of performing according to high-quality data inputs.
Mobius Main Features
Mobius aims to integrate the ecosystem of blockchain into applications. It makes it easy to connect applications, devices or data streams to the blockchain ecosystem.
- Mobius develop a universal store DApp, which will be similar to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, which will make it simpler for users to search for DApps.
- The MOBI tokens are utilized in the Mobius DApp Store to facilitate payment in applications, and it rewards users and developers, avoiding the higher commission of 30% that can be located in Apple and Google app stores.
- The principal responsibility of the Oracle is to provide data for smart contracts. Smart contracts are intended to trigger transactions that are communicated to them by oracles, operating programmed tasks based on data entry.
- A protocol with proof of the stake’s presence is utilized to encourage oracles to render the correct data and a penalty for Oracles that provide incorrect data. Extensive proof of the Mobius protocol Oracle Protocol will need Oracles to host and transfer MOBI tokens before entering data into the blockchain ecosystem. Oracles that provide inaccurate data will be penalized, while MOBI tokens will give oracles that provide the correct data by data consumers.
- The Mobius Blockchain Smart Market Protocol enables auctioneers, industrial designers, and game theorist to work with developers to develop and execute smart markets to ensure the safe and transparent trading of commodity data and services.
- Decentralized intellectual contracts or end users apply for purchase and offer to sell data or services commercially.
- Smart markets are designed to significantly reduce transaction costs and eliminate external factors, while competition is not possible under more traditional conditions.
Mobius is formulated on the Stellar blockchain, which can assist thousands of transactions per second with a confirmation time of fewer than 5 seconds.
Project Advancement And Roadmap
Mobius has a DApp beta store and a beta payment protocol. Below are the future milestones of the project:
Publish a research paper
Release the Mobius Python SDK
Stage 1 Concept Conceptual Design Stealth
R & D for scaling and accounting for tokens
Universal Control Protocol
Recommendations for connecting the cross-circuit
Oracle Oracle Universal Protocol
Protocol Blockchain smart markets
Mobius MOBI Token
MOBI tokens are used as currency on the Mobius platform – DApp Store, oracle data and smart contracts.
Oracles also need to put on and put MOBI tokens before entering data into the blockchain ecosystem, following a system of evidence of a stake.
Since MOBI tokens are required to perform various actions on the Mobius platform, the more the platform is used, the more important MOBI tokens should be.
- It seems that Mobius is trying to do everything at once. The roadmap includes a solution for scaling tokens other than Oracle, the dApp store, and the ability to connect through the chain. Each of them is a huge undertaking in itself, and there are projects that deal specifically with this area. Lack of focus will direct the attention of the team, and we are not sure if the Mobius team can pull it all out.
- The project works on the Stellar blockchain, with which most people are not familiar. ICO participants will need to learn how to use Stellar wallets to store and send MOBI tokens. This will create another barrier for potential participants interested in purchasing MOBI tokens.
- There is a trade-off between scalability and decentralization. In the Stellar consensus protocol, network validators are not rewarded for good behavior or punished for bad behavior. Each node selects a set of publicly trusted peers and forwards only transactions that have been verified by a certain majority of trusted partners. Thus, Stellar can support thousands of transactions per second with a confirmation time of less than 5 seconds.
- Since Mobius has very wide coverage, it to some extent competes with many blockchain projects – Status, Decentraland and District0x for the DApp store; Chainlink and Oraclize on the Oracle side.
Mobius appears to offer numerous opportunities for Dapp developers, smart contract developers and others who understand completely how to take advantage of the commoditization of data. As for the users of these smart contracts, Dapps, and oracle-cured data, aside from developers, the market is considerably limited as for the moment. It might develop completely a few years down the road, but that is unlikely to happen within the next year or two. Mobius seems to be positioning itself for a world in which there will be additional IoT and blockchain tech integration.