The fast evolution of computer technology in the 21st century has traversed the exhibition of advanced and intelligent threats that prevent further innovation. As the decentralized cryptocurrency system lacks a threat defense system, the accountability for security has therefore far been placed relatively upon the shoulders of individuals and corporations. Sentinel Protocol overwhelms the disadvantage of decentralization by converting it into an advantage for protection. By using a collective intelligence system built by harnessing the power of decentralization, Sentinel Protocol merges cryptographic functions and intelligence-based threat analysis algorithms to produce a secure, innovative ecosystem.
Introduction To Sentinel Protocol
Three main security issues are facing the average cryptocurrency user: The first problem is that regular users are endangered to hacks far too quickly. The second obstacle is that while attackers can frequently distinguish users, they cannot be identified easily. And lastly, the damage such attackers strike upon is the company’s responsibility. How can the Sentinel Protocol answer these significant problems? In the end, the responsibility extends with to everyone. But, everyone representing individually will not be capable of giving a solution to the issue of cryptocurrency security. Instead, they must employ the collective intelligence to act together in Sentinel Protocol’s mutual self-interest within adecentralized cybersecurity ecosystem.
Sentinel Protocol’s decentralized AI system identifies unknown patterns of the attacker(s), distributes the information throughout the ecosystem, and defends all members through collective intelligence while keeping the fundamental autonomy of decentralization.
Sentinel Protocol’s Security Features
The Security Intelligence Platform for Blockchain, SIPB or Sentinel Protocol has the following special security features:
● Threat reputation database (TRDB)
● Machine learning (ML) engine integrated security wallet (S-Wallet)
● Distributed malware analysis sandbox (D-Sandbox)
How Does It Improve Security
Sentinel Protocol’s backbone is the Threat Reputation Database (TRDB). The TRDB accumulates threat data from separated sources including cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, payment services, as well as IT and security businesses.
Running on the blockchain, the TRDB not only ensures data integrity but also takes a novel procedure by crowdsourcing data obtained by collective intelligence. With the current incentives in place, Sentinels will drive the TRDB into becoming a reliable global threat reputation data.
Sentinel Protocol UPP Token
Sentinel Protocol strives to build a self-sustaining cybersecurity ecosystem in a moderate without needing centralized guidance or organization. An effective cybersecurity ecosystem requires a convertible cryptocurrency as a straightforward means to compensate for the usage of goods or services; also, it requires an independent value which represents an individual’s subjective contribution to improving the cybersecurity ecosystem. Therefore, Sentinel Protocol has a circulating cryptocurrency named UPP (Uppsala) for the use of the goods and services produced by Security Intelligence Platform for Blockchain (SIPB) and SP (Sentinel Points) for the staking value of The Sentinel Protocol’s reliability.
Early contributors will gain higher incentives; once Sentinel Protocol approaches a particular level of intelligence or timeframe, automatic modification of UPP rewards for relatively similar contributions will be implemented to profit early contributors. This incentive system is intended to encourage both the ones who require help from cybersecurity experts, as well as those experts either individuals or organizations to join.
UPP is a currency for goods and services provided by SIPB, such as the exceptional security features of the security wallet:
● UPP also can be applied in a case opened for comprehensive cyber forensic service, consultancy, vulnerability assessment, and other activities requiring The Sentinel Protocols’ help
● Usage charges can be handled in a smart contract by a DEX (decentralized exchange) platform such as Kyber Network
● Initially, 500,000,000 UPP will be produced and distributed for the early stage cybersecurity community builders
● During 20 time-vestings, additional UPP will be generated; following the inflation ratio described below and issued to contributors who make Sentinel Protocol a better place by Proof of Protection
● The initial inflation ratio incentivizes early participants, or early Sentinels will be set between 3 to 7% per year, reducing each year steadily. Likewise, the rewards of UPP tokens for achieving similar contributions will gradually decrease.
● 30% of UPP revenue by advanced feature usage fee, case processing fee and future development by the Foundation will also be vested together with inflation UPP as a reward to
● Each round of vesting is executed when a total generated Sentinel Point hits a target value or certain weeks of timeframe; whichever comes sooner. The detailed scheme will be officially
● 15% of initial UPP will be held for Uppsala Foundation
● 15% of initial UPP will be reserved for business development, development funds, legal funds, advisory incentives, other organizational activities requiring funds, etc.
● 2% of initial UPP will be reserved for advisory incentives
● 8% of initial UPP will be reserved for any unforeseen business activities
● The balance of UPP (60% of initial UPP) will be distributed in the market for Sentinel Protocol early contributors, users, contributors, supporters, etc.
● Initial UPP exchange ratio will be available on the official homepage Can only be acquired by PoP (Proof of Protection)
● Proof of Protection consists of several cybersecurity activities including reporting a true scammer’s address, IP, website, validating reports, resolving incident cases, etc.
● The Sentinels do legitimate report validation
● S-Wallet holders can do PoP by D-Sandboxing computation
● Other indirect contribution for the Sentinel Protocol community includes: producing articles to enlighten the public on matters of cybersecurity or translating articles to other languages
● The Sentinels capture Sentinel Points according to the report analysis and the user’s reputation vote
● Sentinel Point holders will have the vesting benefit of UPP production described above. Vesting amount will be proportional to the Sentinel Points each entity holds relevant to the total Sentinel Points generated via Proof of Protection done for the community. Automated exchange process could be implemented.
Sentinel Protocol Roadmap
The Core Team
The central Sentinel Protocol team comprised of talented and renowned personalities in the world. Patrick Kim, the founder of Uppsala Foundation, had 7,218 Ether taken in 2016 because of a vulnerability in the geth-mist wallet. He examined the attack vectors and notified the geth-mist development team, who quickly implemented two security patches.
The incident heightened consciousness among crypto users about security on the blockchain. Patrick had to absorb this lesson the tough way: blockchain cannot ensure safety on the client side.
Patrick Kim, Founder & CEO – Cyber Technology Specialist at Darktract (an AI company for cyber security), former System Engineer at Fortinet, Services Consultant at Cisco.
HM Park, Co-Founder & Head of Operations – Major Account Manager at Darktrace, Terriroty Account Manager at F5 Networks, Global Account Manager at Penta Security Systems, and Backend System Programmer at Webcash.
John Kirch, Chief Evangelist – Regional Director at Darktrace, Director at Nominum, Vice President at Penta Security Systems. He began his career at Bank of America as Money Tracking Systems Analyst.